Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with new MacBook Pro

In my new MacBook Pro (delivered 7/10/12) I've had continual problems with an invasion of others that have turned my Apple world upside down.

My new 10.7.4 OS, I found out that I was under a 10.6 system.(impossible, I've never owned a Mac Computer before this one!!

Then my mail and apps had problems plus I've recieved constant phone calls at my home that affected my new system.."marketing" calls.

I've been working with my Florida WiFi provider for almost a year and I've only been able to afford a home phone, which they've taken over!

I have never given my phone number out to anyone but my family and don't belong or engage social networks, so these invasions have been alarming!

Then my iPad 2, after a restoration, displayed a problem on my new MacBook, an "iPhone error" oh, I have never owned an Apple iPhone either just to throw that possibility out....excuse me..another marketing call!!

Then last night on my Usage and Data logs in my iPad 2, I saw "purplebuddy" in my iAds (again!) my stats sent to Apple.

I saw in those logs that I was having my "voice recorded" with a download of time described..who did that?

Once again, I saw more "game kits" in my iPad 2..which can enable a "microphone set up" on it, then I saw a mobile phone listed, again... I don't have one.

It's shocking and devasating...like having peepers and it's been a year now of this constant battle

I've lost my trust..in my computer life and I'm continually looking under my apps and I'm careful about my choices..in EVERYTHING!

This has affected my personal life and health completely.

To make things worse, my new MacBook Pro just "crashed" and I'll be visiting my nearest Apple Store to fix it as well as my iP(again! done it constantly since my first one...September 26, 2011!!!)

This has been an incredible and computer "experience" that no one should go through and my new Apple base station has been affected by these Remote Invaders..AssistiveWare.

I called the police twice, have legal representation, endless calls to my Network here in Florida, tossed out the new computer I started out with in September 2011 and Apple helped by replacing my iPad 2's (I'm on my third since last year)

Even my 2nd generation iTouch was used with a "iphone-elite "google code" to a port on Wiki without my knowledge in order to to "sync" with my iPads so "other's" could see what I was developing on it, with "Accessibility" work, creative concepts (heard) as well as keeping up with my work I've continued to do in regards to bringing human voice to the forfront of our disabled.

Apple has been absolutely amazing during this time and has helped me through this alarming "remote" invasion by others who think "Tech" means "I Got You!"

This is a very brief overview of my nearly year long "surprises" no one wants to find...continually.

Since September 26, 2011..I have lived with this nightmare..even recieving 2 "tele-marketing" calls that my Wi Fi provider is now pursuing.

Has anyone else been through this?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4), 10.6 and now 10.7.3 since 7/10/12

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 7:48 PM

2 replies

Jan 31, 2013 8:33 AM in response to mtaylor2799

Yes! Been living in a hellish nightmare since Sept-Oct. Unlike you, however, Apple has been of no help. They say the iPad is unhackable, plist and crash reports are none of my business and who understands them anyway, their route tracing apps are probably not reliable. The best they could do was wipe the iPad clean. Lost photos they said would be in the cloud....

Almost immediately was back in somebody's VPN, their remote controller, video, audio, working. Got the purple buddy for the first time today. I have been invaded, my iPad no longer feels like my own, I have lost thanksgiving, Christmas, new year trying to track down the invaders, signed up for a Cisco course, set/reset passwords.

I don't know who else to contact... Or what next to do.

I've read similar frustration in other posts, scattered around the support communities. Yours is the only one that has worked toward a solution.

How did you get anyone at apple to look at your logs and acknowledge there is a problem?

Would be happy for a suggestion on how to proceed. Already been the apple store genius and tech on phone route.

Problems with new MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.