Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBPr - Resolution problem with games

I have an issue with the resolution of my Macbook Pro with Retina Display while playing games. For some reason it changes whenever I boot up a game, so that (in fullscreen), it's highly zoomed in to a specific corner of the game screen, making it unnavigatable. This is with official game apps from the App Store, like Doom 3 and Psychonauts. Whenever I Force-Quit out, the display clearly has a much smaller resolution (text and icons are large) before going back to the normal, optimized for Retina resolution. Please help!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 9:34 PM

1 reply

Oct 29, 2012 3:00 PM in response to srarceo5

Hello

I also had this problem and I've found a solution: it's due to the feature "Automatic graphics switching" being active. To prevent this from happening you need to disable it in System Preferences --> Energy Saver and uncheck this option. For further convenience you can install and use the application gfxCardStatus. Anyway, it's weird to have this happening in Doom 3 and have no issue in Quake 4.

Hope I can helped.

Best regards,

Ruben P.

MBPr - Resolution problem with games

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.