Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

monitoring kid's accounts

I think my 10 year old has set up a facebook account without my permission. Parental Control Logs show her going to the website, but I can't tell what she has done once she is there. Before I restrict access to the website, I would like to see what she has put out there. Is there anyway to capture what she does on that website or the id and password when she logs in?

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 9:49 PM

1 reply

Aug 9, 2012 7:19 AM in response to gottrapped

The only way to do this would be to install a keylogger or screen capture or monitoring utility on her computer, or her account on the family computer if you share one. Not having had need of any such utility, I can't make any recommendations.

Perhaps you could just block Facebook until you can sit with her, have her log into her Facebook account, and just show you what she's putting up. That way you can discuss with her what it appropriate and what it not appropriate, making it a teaching and bonding issue rather than one of sneaking around and spying on her.

Regards.

monitoring kid's accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.