Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Always need to force quit after updating vault

Every time I have updated a vault on a Time Capsule, when trying to quit Aperture I need to force quit it. Several minutes after trying to quit it is still beachballing. This is happening since my upgrade from OSX 10.6.8 to 10.8.0 and from Aperture 3.2.4 (was it 4? the latest anyway) to 3.3.2.

When upgrading to a new major version of Aperture I always create a new vault. I create these on a sparse disk bundle image on a Time Capsule (wireless). For every vault I create a new fresh sparse disk bundle image. What struck me when creating this new vault for 3.3.2 was that in previous versions the vault was created on the sparse disk bundle image, but since 3.3.2 it is created at the same folder hierarchy level as the sparse disk bundle image. So in 3.3.2 it is not in the sparse disk bundle image, but next to it. When I saw this I removed the disk bundle image as this was not needed. I cannot recall if this difference in 3.2.4 and 3.3.2 was because of some mistake by me, or by difference in behaviour of Aperture.

User uploaded file

Has anyone observed this behaviour as well? What can I do to stop the beachballing after trying to quit Aperture?

Koen

Aperture 3, OS X Mountain Lion, Aperture 3.3.2

Posted on Aug 9, 2012 2:57 AM

There are no replies.

Always need to force quit after updating vault

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.