Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook tells me I have a virus on my mac book. My firewall is switched on and my updates are up to date. What should I do next?

Facebook says my mackbook has a virus and is denying access. The firewall is switched on and the updates are up to date. What else can I do?

macbook, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Aug 9, 2012 2:56 AM

1 reply

Aug 9, 2012 4:22 AM in response to avalonmike

Facebook provides the following document:

http://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=292760454081612

Unfortunately, they are rather inspecific about what "suspicious patterns," exactly, they are looking for, or how to re-enable your account once you get locked out like this.

It's very unlikely that you have malware on your Mac (see my Mac Malware Guide), so my suspicion is that you have used your Facebook account on an infected Windows machine, or your Facebook account has been hacked, or it's a false positive and there really wasn't anything wrong at all. As to re-enabling your account, I would recommend contacting Facebook about that.

Facebook tells me I have a virus on my mac book. My firewall is switched on and my updates are up to date. What should I do next?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.