Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

xcode versions when connecting iPad to mac mini

I'm getting a "xcode cannot find software image to install this version" error when I connect my iPad to the Mac mini.

The mini is running 10.7.4 with Xcode 4.3.3 and the iPad shows as 5.1.1 (9B206) in the organiser.

I thought Xcode 4.3 supported 5.1. Is this incorrect? Do I need a different version?

Any help much appreciated!

Posted on Aug 9, 2012 3:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2012 6:54 AM

I believe it is safe to ignore that warning...

Are there any issues using your device for testing, otherwise?

Ken

4 replies

Aug 9, 2012 7:52 AM in response to K T

As this is my first app, I'm not entirely sure! If I try to run the app from Xcode to the iPad, I get a certificate error. I thought I'd be able to check it running on the real hardware rather than just using the simulator environments. Does that mean I have to submit it through the Apple Store before I can run it on my own directly connected iPad?

xcode versions when connecting iPad to mac mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.