Skip navigation

Unwanted Email Addresses

106 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 9, 2012 5:33 AM by wjosten RSS
thcri Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 9, 2012 5:17 AM

When I go to create a new email and start typing in their address I get all of these email addresses that show up that are not in my Contacts list.  I want to get rid of them and I see in Settings, Mail Contacts Calendar there is a note that says "New contacts created outside of a specific account will be added to this account.   Can this be turned off someplace and if so then can I purge the ones that I are in the Iphone or Ipad?  Some of these addresses are from like hotmail accounts etc.  I don't want them on my phone which is why I never installed the indiividual accounts on the phone in the first place but only used the web service.

I would like to clear them out and stop them from coming in again.  How can I do this?

iPhone 4, iOS 5
  • wjosten Level 10 Level 10 (91,290 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 9, 2012 5:33 AM (in response to thcri)

Restoring your phone as a New device in iTunes is, currently, the only way to purge your phone of this data. Restoring from backup will merely continue to restore this data. Its either that or you live with it.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.