Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I open this file?

HELP ME!!!!

I videoed smth very important!!! AND I CAN'T OPEN IT WITH QUICK TIME PLAYER!!!!! 😟

The required Codecs are not available!!! What should I do?

The videos are MPEG format!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Thank you 🙂

MacBook Pro, iMovie11

Posted on Aug 9, 2012 7:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2012 7:49 AM

I videoed smth very important!!! AND I CAN'T OPEN IT WITH QUICK TIME PLAYER!!!!! 😟

Can you be more specific here? Are you referring to the container or a codec? I can interpret this to mean "muxed" MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 content, M2V elementary stream, HDV, AVCHD, etc. depending on how/where you may be sourcing the "MPEG" reference. If you do not understand what I am talking about, try simply opening the clip in the free VLC media player and see it it will play.

User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2012 7:49 AM in response to Neil Peiris

Can you be more specific here? Are you referring to the container or a codec? I can interpret this to mean "muxed" MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 content, M2V elementary stream, HDV, AVCHD, etc. depending on how/where you may be sourcing the "MPEG" reference. If you do not understand what I am talking about, try simply opening the clip in the free VLC media player and see it it will play.

User uploaded file

How can I open this file?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.