Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar meeting invites not being sent

Since upgrading to Mountain Lion, calendar invites are not being sent. There is no error. There is no indication that an attempt to send them is being made. Nothing. When I add an individual to the invite list, and click "Invite Again" nothing happens. Should this not "just work"? The setup I'm using includes the Mail app, the Calendar app, my iCloud account, so nothing outside the expected Apple ecosystem. Any thoughts?

Posted on Aug 9, 2012 8:23 AM

13 replies

Aug 9, 2012 8:56 AM in response to Mark Jenkinson

Of note, meeting invites as created on my iPhone are failing to send as well. Aren't meeting invites merely sent via email, using the default mail app, and the default mail account? None of this is happening. Or does iCloud have a new fandangled system for sending out meeting notifications? Or even worse, does iCloud only notify registered iCloud users, and third party email addresses are ignored?

Aug 9, 2012 10:20 AM in response to Mark Jenkinson

Well, this is ominous. I tried to add a meeting invite for an individual that I know is on iCloud, and I got this cryptic message:

User uploaded file

So, if I try to setup meeting invites for people who are not on iCloud, it silently fails, but it fails gloriously with this unclear error message, if I try to invite users who are on iCloud. This is shoddy.

Sep 17, 2012 12:22 AM in response to Mark Jenkinson

I am having exactly the same problem since updating to Mountain Lion. I have traweled the net for answers but there is nothing. I am using iCloud, Mountain Lion on my Macbook Pro and all of my software is Mac (Mail, Calendar etc.)

In exhasperation I've tried moving to Outlook but am unable to transfer my emails. This is making my work very difficult as people have not been receiving my meeting invites.

Jan 3, 2013 8:31 AM in response to Mark Jenkinson

I also have this problem

i.e. I create an event - invite people - no email invite sent

Interestingly, events that I had created before ungrading to mountain lion transferred onto Calendar / iCloud. When I delete these events a message is sent to the invitees....

I found 1 way (although time consuming) around the problem. Set up the event - right click on event - mail event - manually enter email address.

If anyone's found a better way can you let me know.

Thanks

Jan 16, 2013 10:14 AM in response to Mark Jenkinson

I also have this problem. For example, if I drag a contact to the Mountain Lion Calendar, the event title will default: Meeting with contact, along with the contact showing up as invitee with the "send" button available. Upon hitting "send", the invitee disappears. The default event title stays: Meeting with contact. But my link to the contact record is now nonexistant. I get no error messages. Appreciate any help...

Jan 18, 2013 7:48 AM in response to stephensellers

UPDATE to my above post.

Invites to other people on Mountain Lion do work. (The invites don't go as an email, but some other means.)

Invites to other poeple on Snowleopard do NOT work. An email is not sent on hitting the "send" button. The invite is not sent by any other means either.

The only way to invite them is by:- Set up the event - add invitee - complete event - then right click on event - mail event - manually enter email addresses of invitees.

Jul 15, 2013 5:27 PM in response to Mark Jenkinson

The invites worked for me from February 2013 until I updated to 10.8.4. Now, when I edit old invitations or make new ones they are not sent to anyone except me if I add my email address. I am back to using Outlook under WIndows (with alternative email address) to send invitations. How could something as important as this get broken without Apple noticing is beyond my comprehension.

Calendar meeting invites not being sent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.