Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't load any fonts to my fontbook - any suggestions

This a new to me computer. I work for a design company and need all types of fonts. I have had to start from the begining. I have tryed everything I can think of. I am not a computer person so if there are any tricks out there that can help I would appreciate it. I do have a fontdoc on this new computer that has all of my fonts from the previous computer that I can't figure out how to get over to the font book. Its like it is locked. Please help.

Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Aug 9, 2012 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2012 10:17 AM

Do a Get Info in the Finder on those Fonts or folder, do you have rights on them?

What happens if you double click on a Font you want to add?

21 replies

Aug 9, 2012 11:39 AM in response to BDAqua

Yea, I have rights on all of them they are in the system library. I pulled a free font off of dafont.com just to double check on loading a font that wasn't already on the computer. That is the one I double clicked on like you asked. When I do it bring up the install font box, I hit install and then fontbook will spool for a minute and then nothing. It looks just like it did before doing anything.

Aug 9, 2012 2:27 PM in response to BDAqua

Thank you for the links, I have read all that. I know you don't load into the system. My problem is I can't get any fonts to load into the fontbook. Can you load fonts into the fontbook from the system fonts? I have a user font library also that has a little over 100 font but I can't even get them to load. Even a brand new free font from dafont won't load. Is there a lock that could have been applied to the fontbook? I really appreciate you trying to help me.

Aug 10, 2012 8:30 AM in response to BDAqua

That is what it looks like. The font are just not showing up in fontbook. I went into Text Edit and they seem to be there. What would you suggest me doing now. Is my fontbook bad? Can I throw it in the trash? I have co-worker who has put her whole fontbook into a folder and sent to me, I just dont want to do anything with until I know it won't mess anything else up.

Aug 10, 2012 1:36 PM in response to darhof

If you wish, quit Font Book first to do so, but it's made a new one, so likely no need.

OK, to find out if it's system wide or user specific, try this...

Open System Preferences>Accounts, unlock the lock, click on the little plus icon, make a new admin account, log out & into the new account.

Does Font Book work in the new account?

I can't load any fonts to my fontbook - any suggestions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.