Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've installed Mountain Lion and haven't been totally happy with the upgrade.

My PBPro is now slower, I have a lot more "Beach Balls" and Dreamweaver/Fireworks CS5.5 repeatedly crash upon opening. I have Adobe working on the problem so now I'm trying Apple to see if there is a solution, update, something I should try to get my apps working and my PB speeded up. I do not want to go back, I'd like to work out these issues. I use my PB everyday for work and I need Dreamweaver/Fireworks and my apps to work as before the upgrade.

OSX Mountain Lion-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 9, 2012 10:32 AM

1 reply

Aug 9, 2012 10:34 AM in response to AppleLadley

Try repairing your permissions. Go to applications then to the "other" folder then go to disk utility, on the left hand side you will see a white box. Select the second option, usually called "mac HD" with that selected click on "repair permissions" in the center towards the bottom of the screen. Wait for it to complete, then see if this fixes the issue.

And clear your computer caches:

Here’s how to clean your caches:

1. Choose Users>your user name>Library>Caches.

2. From the Menu bar, choose Edit>Select All.

3. Drag all of the items to the Trash.

4. From the Macintosh HD, choose Library>Caches.

5. Choose Edit>Select All, and drag the items to the Trash. You’ll be required to type in an administrator’s password.

6. Restart your Mac.

This should resolve the beachball and possibly the adobe crash, though that could be due to a plug in

I've installed Mountain Lion and haven't been totally happy with the upgrade.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.