Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal on iPad or iPhone setting default alerts

With Mountain Lion, I have have experienced my iPad setting default alerts on my iCal events even though ALL default alerts are turned off! These alerts show up in my notifications across iPhone, iPad, and MacBook Pro, but they only show up in iCal on my iPad and iPhone. My MBP does not show them in iCal. Doing a quick Google search, I found that I was not the only one with this problem. Has anyone found a solution yet? Apparently when you turn them off individually they will come back; I started hand deleting them but think I will wait now! Any ideas?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 9, 2012 12:50 PM

9 replies

Sep 6, 2012 4:58 PM in response to Rome_GA

Same problem. Any event initiated on the Macbook Pro creates an automatic alert on the ipad and iphone. The alert is not on the MBP. All events are set to none in settings for all three devices. Spent over an hour on the phone with tech support but had to leave for an appt so never got a solution. Of course, a solution should have been found prior to a hour on the phone. Tech was trying to make it an ipad problem. (then why does it happen with the iphone as well)? I think the issue started after installing Mountain Lion (new upgrade....not sure if thats the name/animal of the new software upgrade). Seems others have the same problem but still havent heard if there is a fix yet. Anyone with a fix?

Sep 24, 2012 7:51 PM in response to Rome_GA

Same bug. Default alerts are off on all three devices (and off on iCloud.com as well), but events added by Mountain Lion create an alert "at time of event" on iPad and iPhone, and this alert does not appear or register on the Mac or iCloud.com.

Events created on iOS do not create this alarm on any device (anticipated behavior).

Driving me nuts.

Oct 25, 2012 8:41 AM in response to Rome_GA

Same issue here!

I posted as well:

I'm using iCal 6.0 with OSX 10.8.2

When syncing iCal with my Google calendars all is well. However, when I add an event in any one of the delegate calendars in switches the default alert from "None" to "9 a.m. the day before" etc.

I have logged into my calendar online and all the calendars have NO alerts set. At all.

I do not have this issue on my iPad or iPhone. Only on my Macbook Pro running Mountain Lion as stated above.

I’ve called support, no help there so far.

I’ve done everything except uninstall iCal itself.

Any ideas?

iCal on iPad or iPhone setting default alerts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.