Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apogee vs M-Audio Fastrack??

I have heard when it comes to recording guitar(and other instruments mics, keyboards, etc) that the Apogee is unrivaled and really the only one that works properly when trying to get rid of the massive feedback that occurs when plugging my electric guitar straight into my macbooks audio port. But it is pretty expensive and i can only really afford to buy the one that is JUST for guitar connections. I would like to get the Apogee that has mic and keyboard inputs too but its out of my $ range. But i have been looking at the M-Audio Fastrack one that has connections for keyboard, mic and guitar and its almost the same price as the "guitar only" Apogee model. Does anyone have any solid info on the comparison of these two products? I have heard that Apogee is the ONLY way to go to get clean recording sound but if the M-Audio Fastrack works just as good for less $ ill have to go w that so i can get the keyboard and mic inputs as well. Also another part of my question is this: if i do buy one of these audio interfaces can i connect my keyboard or drumpad controller to them as well or do i connect those controllers to my computer seperately?

Any responses and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for ur time

-J

+macbook 1,1 running mac osx 10.6.8 (upgraded to 2gb ram and 500 gb hardrive)

+Fender Strat Squire

+using Garageband and Mainstage 2

+also have Marshall MG100 DFK amp....can i just use this as my "audio interface" or "preamp" or whatever? it does have a line out that the manual says "you can use to connect your amp directly to your multitrack recording machine" or do i still need to buy an audio interface??

GarageBand (Mac) '11, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 9, 2012 2:22 PM

2 replies

Aug 9, 2012 2:40 PM in response to Jkeeezy

Jkeeezy wrote:

Apogee is unrivaled and really the only one that works properly when trying to get rid of the massive feedback that occurs when plugging my electric guitar straight into my macbooks audio port.

an audio interface is not going to solve a feedback problem, you either don't have the settings correct, or you're hearing the noise and feedback that the amp sims make

Jkeeezy wrote:

I have heard that Apogee is the ONLY way to go to get clean recording sound but if the M-Audio Fastrack works just as good for less $ ill have to go w that so i can get the keyboard and mic inputs as well.

M-Audio makes fine products, if the Fast Track is what's within your budget, get it. plenty of foks around here use their interfaces very successfully.

Apogee vs M-Audio Fastrack??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.