Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installed Mountain Lion--Pages won't launch

I get an error message that says Pages failed to launch because of DIVX Decoder.component (library/quicktime/divxdecoder.component) Pages was working fine before installing Mountain Lion.

This is on my 2009 Mac mini. I just bought a new Macbook Pro that came with Mountain Lion, and Pages works fine on that, even though the divx decoder.component was copied from the Mac mini during an 18-hour Migration Assistant file transfer marathon.

I haven't got a clue on how to fix this.

Help. I've got a 52,000 word manuscript in Pages on the Mac mini.

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 9, 2012 3:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2012 3:38 PM

One thing that Pages 4.2 & Mountain Lion seems to need after both updates/upgrades is using Disk Utility to repair permissions.

Can you disable or uninstall the DIVX component & restart?

User uploaded file

2 replies

Aug 10, 2012 7:23 AM in response to Peggy

Thanks Peggy, your suggestions worked. I used Disk Utility to repair permissions; but the repairs were to printer and frameworks items, not QuickTime Divx decoder.component. So I don't know if the permissions repairs did anything to resolve the problem.

I also removed the DivX decoder and encoders and relaunched. I suspect this was the fix.

Thanks so much for helping me with this odd problem--and for responding so quickly. Much appreciated!!

Dominique

Installed Mountain Lion--Pages won't launch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.