Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My DVD Drive will not accept DVD's into the drive???

I catn even put a disk into the DVD drive... it wont accept it... this all happened after i updated to mountain lion..

any suggestions?? i dont think its a bad DVD drive cuase it was working before the update.

help????

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion, just upgraded from lion to mountain

Posted on Aug 9, 2012 7:44 PM

2 replies

Feb 15, 2016 9:59 AM in response to wannatripp

Superb solution. The drive is not being detected. Whilst it could be a number of issues, the most common one is a dirty optical lens. I cleaned the superdrive using the credit card wrapped in lint free cloth method. So cut a piece of cloth twice the length of the credit card and wrap it length ways holding the cloth tight over the card with finger and thumb. Using a lens cleaner / glass cleaner etc wet the underside of the cloth. Push the card into the dvd drive on the left side and back out a couple of times. The cloth will clean the optical lens and once free from dust the dvd disks will work again. Make sure that the power is off and the computer fully shut down. Don't use too much lens cleaner or you will have to wait a bit longer for it to fully evaporate in the disc drive before using. Power up and the disks should work.

My DVD Drive will not accept DVD's into the drive???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.