Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does QuickTime 7 Pro convert VOB files?

I wanted to put all of my work out videos on my iPad and iPhone, is the QT Pro 7 worth it? Or whats the best converter out there. Anything else I need to know? Thank you in advance.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Aug 9, 2012 7:50 PM

4 replies

Aug 10, 2012 9:26 AM in response to AlphaDoc

I wanted to put all of my work out videos on my iPad and iPhone, is the QT Pro 7 worth it? Or whats the best converter out there. Anything else I need to know?

QT 7 Pro will support unencrypted MPEG-2 video with the purchase/installation of the Apple QT MPEG-2 Playback component, support the VOB file container, supports "muxed" MPEG-2 layer 1/2 audio but does not natively support AC3 audio if used. The free MPEG Streamclip app will support AC3 audio in "muxed" MPEG-2 content but also requires the Apple QT MPEG-2 Playback component be purchased/installed. As previously mentioned, Apps like HandBrake will convert "muxed" MPEG-2 VOB content to H.264/AAC or MPEG-4/AAC content in M4V or MP4 file containers which is compatible with various Apple mobile devices and web, computer, etc uses. However, if you plan to edit the content in iMovie or other video editors, MPEG Streamclip might be the best work flow since it allows you to convert the VOB content to various editing specific compression formats which may retain more/better video quality than editing the HandBrake output. Basically, there are many options here depending on how you want to convert the VOB source content to mobile device targeted files.

User uploaded file

Does QuickTime 7 Pro convert VOB files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.