Skip navigation

html widget

555 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: Aug 14, 2012 3:59 AM by tk0us RSS
adnixon Level 1 Level 1 (140 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 10, 2012 12:08 AM

I have created a html google maps widget using the www.ibooksgenerator.com solution. The solution creates a default.png file 640px x 640px. If you create a html container in iBooks Author at the same size as the default.png then this image when you activate the link will display as the original. However if you create a html container at say thumbnail size and use the same default.png image then when you activate the link the image displayed is pixelated because my guess is that the container image is reduced from 640 x 640 and stored at the size of the container which becomes pixelated when blown up to 640 x 640.

I guess the question is irrespective of what size the html container image is how do you get it to display the image at 640 x 640 when you activate the link.

• K T Level 7 Level 7 (23,215 points)
  • tk0us Level 2 Level 2 (265 points)
    Aug 10, 2012 5:17 PM (in response to adnixon)

the size of the Default.png is the size of the working html widget in Author. There are many examples in the An iBuild Opportunity series.

Aug 11, 2012 3:28 AM (in response to adnixon)

Author allows you to replace the image displayed in the publication, but the Default.png is the size the widget displays when it is interacted by the reader.

So, if your html widget (640) is displaying smaller images (100) they will be pixelated. It is easy to build your own html widgets to get the results you are looking for...

Aug 12, 2012 4:38 AM (in response to adnixon)

Please see An iBuild Opportunity and try the Sample.

This is my series on demonstrating many building books methods.

HTML widgets do not have to be complicated, and if you understand the code your last response includes, you could easily build your own HTML widgets to do almost anything you can do on the Web.

Hope this helps...

• der_denker Calculating status...
    Aug 13, 2012 7:44 AM (in response to tk0us)

Hi, could you publish it for Europe (f.e. Germany) too? Here is no access through US-ituens even if it  a free book...

Aug 14, 2012 3:59 AM (in response to der_denker)

According to Apple, the entire An iBuild Opportunity series is cleared for sale in every territory.

Please let me know if you cannot find the publications and I will contact Apple.

Thanks...

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.