Skip navigation

Safari wont open after Macbook Pro 11 to 12 using Migration Assistant.

393 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 25, 2012 1:29 AM by Emile Ogier RSS
Emile Ogier Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 10, 2012 4:16 AM

I just completed migration of my Macbook Pro 2011 13" to Macbook Pro 2012 15" using Migration Assitant. Now Safari will not open. I have looked at the forums and attempted a recovery via startup (option R) in Disk Utility which did not help.

I then ran a full reinstall of the OS via Recovery which did not help. I even logged in as another user and got the same issue. I have also moved the Plist safara file out of applicatiions and still having the same issue.

The only thing I can think of is the user accounts (computer names) were the same, I had to rename the source before Migration Assistant kicked off. Could this be the issue?

I landed up deleted the orignal account which the Macbook created when I first logged in before I ran migration assitant, thinking it might be acting as a master and having conflicts. This didnt help either. 

Please help, I am out of options. 

Thank you

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.