Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Cal not syncing iCal on iMac 10.8 Mountain Lion

I am routinely receiving an error: "The server is currently unreachable or its name is incorrect for “iCloud”. I have tried all the preliminary troubleshooting steps provided in the general and advanced Apple Support recommendations without positive result. So my Calendar on iCloud is up-to-date (I have been entering data there) but not pushing it out to desktop using Calendar 6.0. Any advice out there?

Thanks.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 10, 2012 5:38 AM

3 replies

Aug 11, 2012 4:27 PM in response to Reefkeeper

Okay, I solved my own problem. Given that the error message was pointing to an erroneous address for my iCloud server, I opened my desktop Calendar > Preferences > Accounts. Once there I deleted the existing iCloud / CalDAV account. (Prior to doing this, of course, I made sure I had a recent backup of my calendar data.) Once the local calendars were removed, I created a new account making sure to select iCloud under Account Type. I finished by typing in my iCloud account name and password and hit "Create" and, presto!, new CalDAV server address is shown on the screen and it pushes my iCloud calendars out to the desktop.

Problem solved.

I hope this is of use to someone else who may experience the same problem.

iCloud Cal not syncing iCal on iMac 10.8 Mountain Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.