Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Start up transition animation gone!

Hello,

After updating from Lion to Mountain Lion on my 2011 Macbook pro, these couple of days I've noticed an awkward behavior.

The start up animation when the apple logo slides up and the dark grey background fades in is missing!!

Now when I start up my laptop from complete shut down, it shows the Apple Logo and spinning wheel (about 15~20 sec), then jumps to a plan light grey screen with the black arrow on the left top corner (about 10~12 sec), and then it jumps to the fully materialized linen password screen. All the pretty animations in between have vanished!

This start up process takes about 30 seconds, so I don't think it's because my laptop is atarting up too fast that it skips the animations. It used to all run perfectly when using Lion.

Does anyone have a similar situation? or found a solution to this??

Thanks,

Jon

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 10, 2012 7:53 AM

2 replies

Jul 3, 2013 4:57 PM in response to Gothichand

I am having the same issues with a 2007 iMac, after updating from Lion to Mountain Lion.

After the Apple logo and spinning circle, instead of the Apple logo sliding up and the login screen appearing, I get a blue screen with some random black and gray pixels for a few seconds, then the login screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Feb 9, 2014 7:10 AM in response to iMacRDQ

This did this to me in both Mountain Lyon and Mavericks on the early 2013 MBP Retina. I think that it has something to do with the resolution. Both times it seams to have started when I used the HDMI cable to the TV to watch some movies. It would be nice to have it working but I feel that it is a cosmetic issue and it does not affect performance. But it still would be nice to see working.

Start up transition animation gone!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.