Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password for Exchange account

I am getting the message to enter the password for my Exchagne account. I have entered this but it's saying "Password Incorrect". This wouldn't let me do anything else on the iPad. Please kindly advise. Thanks

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 10, 2012 7:29 AM

11 replies

Aug 10, 2012 7:42 AM in response to beubah

Thanks Laxman25, this is exactly the problem I am having. I have been forced to change my work password for security reasons. The problem now is that, it wouldn't let me go in from the first page. I'm wondering how you managed to delete your mail account from your ipad. Many thanks for your prompt response.

Aug 10, 2012 7:33 AM in response to beubah

I had this happen to me. I have work email through exchange server on my ipad. I had to change my password for security purposes and the ipad wouldnt accept the new password. I had to delete my mail account on my ipad, then put it back on. It worked fine then. I dont know other than that. It can be finnicky sometimes.

You wont loose anything because everything is on your exhange server. Just make sure you turn back on what you used to sync over (ie calendar etc).

Aug 10, 2012 7:55 AM in response to beubah

Wait........... is it the passcode to update the email? or is it the passcode to unlock your ipad? If its the passcode to unlock your ipad(mine is because of work) then thats not the same as your email password(if you were forced to change that).

Two totally seperate passwords. If you everymonth have to change your email password, that doesnt change to unlock your ipad. That stays the same as when it forced a password lock protection. You just change the email password in settings, mail, (account).

To remove the email from your ipad, you go into settings, mail. Click on the account and all the way at the bottom hit DELETE

Aug 10, 2012 8:03 AM in response to Laxman25

Yeah just delete it and put it back. Sometimes it works not a problem, other times when i change it, the same thing happens for you guys. Just remove it and put it back on. Just keep hitting cancel(if it asks you every second) until you get to delete it.

*Hungrange- I was asking because he said he couldnt get past the first screen. I thought he thought the lock password might have changed.

Password for Exchange account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.