Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Part of my iPad(1st gen) screen display does not show,hence I can only see it partially.It was not dropped and neither is it broken. Any help as I was told it cant be fixed and i hv 2 replace with a new unit i.e. pay in full as warranty is over? HELP!

Part of my iPad screen display does not show. It was not dropped and neither is the screen broken. I was advised to see the local service provider for a diagnosis.

I had finally managed to find time to find a local service provider last week (not easy) and was disappointed to be advised of Apple's policy of one for one exchange i.e. they wont repair and said that i would have to replace with a whole unit. As my unit is no longer under warranty, it meant that I had to pay for the full price of a new unit!

I might as well have paid for the latest new unit but since my unit is only 2 years old at most, it would be a great waste of money.

How can this be? Does this mean apple's product is inferior and do not last since warranty is only for one year?

I sincerely hope there is a favourable solution otherwse my money is flushed down the drain.

HELP!!!User uploaded file

iPad

Posted on Aug 10, 2012 9:20 AM

2 replies

Part of my iPad(1st gen) screen display does not show,hence I can only see it partially.It was not dropped and neither is it broken. Any help as I was told it cant be fixed and i hv 2 replace with a new unit i.e. pay in full as warranty is over? HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.