Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S album cover question

Recently I had tried to upload all the songs on my iPhone 4S to my computer via iExplorer...trouble is, it was only trail version and wouldn't let me upload the entire library. So after I disconnected everything, I noticed all my album artwork had vanished from the music library. So my question is actually to, what's the best free upload iPhone music library to PC program and how do I restore all my album artwork covers?

Posted on Aug 10, 2012 12:11 PM

1 reply

Aug 10, 2012 12:45 PM in response to TH1981

Best program is the easiest, came with your iPhone in fact. iTunes.

TS1815 iTunes: Album art may not download properly

Check that iTunes has been configured to use this feature. You can enable this feature in iTunes Preferences:

1. Open iTunes Preferences
    Mac: Choose iTunes > Preferences.
    Windows: Choose Edit > Preferences.
  2. Click Store.
  3. Select the "Automatically download missing album artwork" checkbox.

iTunes will only download album artwork for songs that it can find in the iTunes Store. iTunes will check each song in your iTunes library and attempt to match it up with a song in the iTunes Store. If the data matches, iTunes will download the album artwork from the iTunes Store and add it to the song in your iTunes library. If iTunes does not find a particular song's artwork in the iTunes Store, you will not see an alert message. iTunes simply does not download artwork for that song.

iPhone 4S album cover question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.