Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can dot_clean be used to automatically remove ._ files every time a folder is a accessed?

We have a network share that macs and windows user access, but of course it ends up littered with .DS_Store files and ._ double files. the .DS_stores are easy to fix. The ._ files are giving me grief.

I know dot_clean is a command designed to clean up these files, but I'm looking for a solution to run it everytime the folder is accessed, or has files added to it, ect. Basically I want it to come in behind and clean those ._ files when they're made.

I know Blue Harvest does this, and well, but we have too many terminals to afford all those licences. Can this be done with automator? My previous attempts failed, but if anyone can provide me a script or instructions I can impliment it.

Thank you!

Automator-OTHER

Posted on Aug 10, 2012 12:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2012 1:32 PM

I'd start by doing this- http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1629

3 replies

Can dot_clean be used to automatically remove ._ files every time a folder is a accessed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.