Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copying and pasting

I copied a logo from a Word document and pasted it into a box I created to contain the logo, some text and a jpg. It looked fine. But when I exported the page as a pdf, suddenly you can see a few lines by the logo, as if parts of a text box copied over with it. Where did I go wrong?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Aug 10, 2012 12:31 PM

5 replies

Aug 15, 2012 3:18 PM in response to infoguy

If you have Word/LibreOffice (free)extract the logo aas the image fileand use that. Right click on the image and go Save as……

It appears it is showing you an artifact from the enclosing Word image box.

This is one of those painful things PC users do. Why they think an object such as an image needs to be in Word or PowerPoint totally has me slapping my forehead.

Peter

Aug 15, 2012 7:22 PM in response to PeterBreis0807

That reminds me of a member at church who was sending me some photos for the newsletter. He would send me a Word file with several pictures & I asked him to send the original images. So he sent me individual Word files with one image each. It turned out he had no idea how to attach an image to an e-mail & really only knew how to send Word docuemnts from within Word. And this was one of the more computer-literate members. Reminds me of why I quit doing the newsletter!

User uploaded file

Copying and pasting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.