Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone simply switched off mid-use

I was actually using safari to browse the Apple Store - was in the market for an ipad! I am now in a complete stress though, because while I was browsing (at about 15% battery) the phone simply switched off (as if the battery had died). I went to plug it in and while I pottered about, I left it charging in the wall. After about 10 minutes, the phone still hadn't switched on which I thought odd. There was no charging screen either so it was like the phone had simply died. I used my boyfriend's iphone to look up some ways of getting the **** thing working again... tried holding the home/off button simultaneously for 10 secs, 20 secs and 30 secs. Nothing. Tried plugging it into itunes - nothing, the screen stayed black. Tried plugging the USB into the laptop, holding the home button and then connecting the USB into the phone....nothing! I am getting really frustrated!! I am sure I got the phone under a year ago so I cannot think what has happened... its so strange. Any suggestions? Has this happened to anyone else? My provider is o2 - for half a minute I thought it was something to do with them again. PLease let it be their fault!! Any suggestions would be fantastic!

iPhone 4

Posted on Aug 10, 2012 3:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2012 3:20 PM

If you've followed all the of the following troubleshooting steps, it may be necessary for you to contact Apple Support for your region.

iOS: Not responding or does not turn on TS3281

4 replies

Iphone simply switched off mid-use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.