3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 30, 2012 6:43 AM by Winston Churchill
Cayla55 Level 1 Level 1

I have looked at every set up guide I can find. I have chosen the albums, etc to share. My homeshare is on. I can get netflix and play my itunes on my tv, but whenever I try to put a slideshow on, the photostream says that there are no photos in this album. Very frustrated!!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)
Solved by Winston Churchill on Dec 30, 2012 6:43 AM Solved

antoN1961 wrote:

Rudegar, the link you present here is all about PhotoStream. And PhotoStream is related to iOS devices only.

The Apple TV is an iOS device

So my conclusion is that there is no direct way to use Apple TV to show photos on your Mac/PC.  Sad, but true...

iTunes > file > homesharing > choose photos......, then on the Apple TV > computers > photos.

• antoN1961 Level 1 Level 1

Rudegar, the link you present here is all about PhotoStream. And PhotoStream is related to iOS devices only.

I am guessing the question relates to iPhoto on a Mac or PC..

To see stuff from your Mac/PC on your Apple TV you can use Airplay or use Homesharing. Since Homesharing is defined to iTunes only, I'm afraid that it will be limited to music and movies only.

On iPhoto for Mac and for Windows, I see in Preference a Sharing tab a way to turn on Sharing. So after turning on Sharing in iPhoto I go to my Apple TV, Menu>Computers, and then I see my default Shared Library, hoping to see my photos…. But no, it still only contains Music, Movies and TV shows...

So my conclusion is that there is no direct way to use Apple TV to show photos on your Mac/PC.  Sad, but true...

• Winston Churchill Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.macosx
    Mac OS X

antoN1961 wrote:

The Apple TV is an iOS device

iTunes > file > homesharing > choose photos......, then on the Apple TV > computers > photos.