Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The operation can’t be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -8060).

Hi,

I want to copy a folder from desktop to my document (or anywhere else on a MAC) I got this error "The operation can’t be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -8060)." everytime at the same position when it's about to finish (sth like 75%).

I have MBPR + Mountain Lion and the folder is a Xcode project if it helps.

BTW there is nothing in trash.

Thanks

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 10, 2012 8:47 PM

3 replies

Aug 11, 2012 9:07 AM in response to Linc Davis

Thanks but I solved this problem with this tip:

tba55

I found some subdirectories within my Project folder that were complete duplicates of other directories. After deleting those, I no longer had the error. I don't know where they came from, but think they may have been created after an upgrade, say from Xcode 3.0 to 4.0 but don't remember. Anyway, don't know any more about it, only that it went away after I deleted those duplicate subfolders. Good luck !

I found unlimited folder in folder in my Xcode project folder that made the size from 285MB to 1.5G. It was that duplicate folders made this error.

I removed and it solved the problem.

Thanks

The operation can’t be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -8060).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.