Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can u increase font size in safari

Is there someway to increase the font size in safari? The zoom feature is impraticle for reading fan fiction it is too slow and annoying to pan horizontally over lines of text. Or do you know of an app that would let you browse pages and increase font. Goodreader doesn't work for download pages from safari. Their font changer goes away my safari download pages. Only works on PDF files. Any help? At 50 my eyes could use a bit of help.

iPad

Posted on Aug 10, 2012 9:16 PM

16 replies

Aug 11, 2012 9:59 AM in response to Katie10emma5

Go to settings and under general go to accessabilty, its somewhere at the bottom and once your there click the zoom option, that option lets you zoom in on the screen, it increases everything, you just use three fingers to zoom in, and you can also use large text, its also an option in accessibility it increases the font of the letters to your size of choice.

Hope i helped ..:D

Aug 11, 2012 1:16 PM in response to Chris quintero

Thank you for your reply, but i knew about those settings and they do not apply to increasing the font size of the entire page to fit the screen in safari on the iPad. The font setting only increases the font when you are in calendar and a few other it mentions in the general setting page. To read very much I assure you that the zoom feature would make you insane as you have to continually move it back and forth over every line of text to even see one whole line of text on the screen. In iBooks you can increase the font size and the entire page readjusts to fit the screen at the larger font size. I was wondering if such a thing exists in some way when you browse in safari to make the pages more readable.

Thank you.

Aug 11, 2012 3:06 PM in response to Katie10emma5

Theres another way to increase the font on webpages, on most of the web pages that have text, theres a small button on the URL on the top of the ipad once the webpage loads and it says (reader) click that and all the text on the web page turns into like a page from ebooks and you can change the font on there, i think its in IOS 5 if you have your ipad updated, heres a link as to what im talking about.

http://paulhami.edublogs.org/2011/12/02/safari-reader-makes-reading-web-pages-ea sier-on-iphones-and-ipads/

Apr 5, 2013 4:16 AM in response to Katie10emma5

Hi Katie,

Isn't it ridiculous that when you ask a simply perfectly valid question, all these silly know-it-alls start crawling out of the woodworks and begin to answer you by saying - use the reader, use pinch and zoom, use accessibility... They are so ignorant that they see things in their own narrow vision and refuse to answer the question you are asking.... directly and answer it as they think they know WHAT YOU REALLY MEAN. Why don't they just answer the question that's asked instead of twisting the question and asking why do want to do that. Irrelevant why, but they do!!!

ANYWAY.........

Well, there is a way of doing what you want and it's pretty nifty.

Have a look at this URL http://osxdaily.com/2012/05/11/change-font-size-safari-ios-bookmarklets/

It works by attaching a piece of code to a bookmark. You create 2 bookmarks called "+" and "-". Then you place these bookmarks on your toolbar in Safari.

Then when you view a webpage with the simply awful and crappy default Apple font, you just press the + icon a few times and there you go, the font size increases to a respectable size instead of the unrespectable and horrible default sized midget dwarf microscopic silly Apple font.

I hope this solves your problem.

Maz

Feb 6, 2016 12:31 PM in response to jon1425

This issue is one of the most major shortcomings of iOS in my oppinion

using the reader function just doesn't solve the problem, because it doesn't show you the txt of the whole page: for example, on this web page: it only converts the txt from one pane into the reader view. the same happens with wikipedia.

THe the reader is otherwise a great solution, but since most reading matterial comes from the web and is broken up by links which flow in a browser, but not in the reader- it's not a solution.

in OS X u can make the txt larger in safari- this is precisely what i and many people have been looking to do for years. Why is this still not possible?

Can u increase font size in safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.