Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to pan using magic mouse in Autocad 2012 for Mac?

Hi. I'm loving Autocad 2012 on my Macbook Pro Retina (although, it is not yet supporting Retina Display). The problem is, I want to be able to pan using magic mouse but, there seems to be no option for this. If I use two finger swipe, it switches between desktops.

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Aug 10, 2012 11:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 7:34 AM

Holding the spacebar will allow you to pan. However, it doesn't work when another command is active and it takes some microseconds to react. I don't like it.

Actually, I really dislike navigating in autocad for the mac. I have an app that allows me to simulate commands with my magic mouse by using gestures. For example, I've set it up so that two finger click means middle click. It even works when using my virtualized windows version of autocad. However, of all my apps, there's one that's incomplatible: AutoCAD for the mac.

Another problem is that you cannot zoom inactive windows, I don't understand why. You must switch windows, and when doing that, the active command is canceled! It's ridiculous.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2012 7:34 AM in response to jaehlee87

Holding the spacebar will allow you to pan. However, it doesn't work when another command is active and it takes some microseconds to react. I don't like it.

Actually, I really dislike navigating in autocad for the mac. I have an app that allows me to simulate commands with my magic mouse by using gestures. For example, I've set it up so that two finger click means middle click. It even works when using my virtualized windows version of autocad. However, of all my apps, there's one that's incomplatible: AutoCAD for the mac.

Another problem is that you cannot zoom inactive windows, I don't understand why. You must switch windows, and when doing that, the active command is canceled! It's ridiculous.

Jul 13, 2013 5:05 AM in response to signalpake

I'm disliking the navigating too, but instead of the spacebar, I have to hold down the Command button at the same time. The problem with that is it takes me out of Model Space and into Paper Space. Two double clicks to get back in and all is well, but it took a while, and when you're concentrating on eg, dimensioning, you don't always notice.

Re: inactive windows. No zooming, but side to side movement is ok. A fix would be nice.

My other problem bugged me so much I went out and got a (insert feeling of embarassment here) Logitech wheel mouse, and that was trying to control the zoom rate. When it's set as slow as possible, it's too slow for everything else and when it's in AutoCAD, it's ok but most of the time it takes 3 or 4 swipes on the scroll to get it to move. The wheel mouse was ok, but zoom control doesn't work well, even tho it's an expensive mouse, and exchanging it for a new one brought the same problem. (let go of the wheel and it bounces back a little...or a lot... from the direction in which you zoomed). I think I'll take the magic mouse...

How to pan using magic mouse in Autocad 2012 for Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.