Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mountain Lion to Windows file share

I have an iMac with OSX Mountain Lion recently installed from 10.6.8. Previously, I could SMB to a home netwotked Windows laptop and its external HDD. Since the upgrade I have been unable to contect to the HDD - but can connect to the Windows server. SMB is chacked on file sharing on the iMac, and the Windows server and external HDD - Wddisk - have sharing set up. The error is an odd one - The operation can’t be completed because the original item for “Wddisk” can’t be found. Any thoughts help gratefully received

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 2:55 AM

2 replies

Aug 28, 2012 9:11 PM in response to adczkrn

I'm having the similar problem. I could connect before the upgrade to Mountain Lion but now I can't. It finds the server so when I click 'connect as', it shows the folder name as "/" and then get the same message "The operation can’t be completed because the original item for "/” can’t be found".

I also tried to type IP address but still having same problem.

Mountain Lion to Windows file share

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.