Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is apple giving money back if you have Mountain Lion uninstalled?

Hi everyone,

My main question is if Apple will give me my money back for Mountain Lion and iPhoto11 if I have them uninstall them? I know it's only $35 total, but I am not paying them my hard earned money for a program that has ruined my computer and makes me not want to even use it.

Also, is the correctional update going to be free for people who already purchased Mountain Lion when they release it? Does anyone know when they plan to release it?

Thanks for reading and/or responding, in advance! 🙂

Here is the rather long complaint I registered with Apple if you are interested:

"Good day,

After downloading Mountain Lion (I will call it ML) and iPhoto11 2 days ago, I am experiencing non-stop problems on a 2010 macbook pro that I have NEVER had issues with. I downloaded ML initially after seeing in multiple locations that Apple was advertising speak-to-type app that allows you to do type papers/do homework simply by taking into your computer... Yea, they forgot to mention the app only lets you talk for 30 seconds and gets more than half of my words wrong. WHAT KIND OF PAPER CAN I WRITE IN 30 SECONDS?! False advertisement.

Anyhow, here is the list of my other issues:

- Photostream/iCloud for my pictures has stopped working after about 24 hours of doing fine.

- My "All Notes" list is not in sync with what comes up on my notepad. I click on one title and it pulls up a completely different note. This works fine on my phone though.

- Notes are not saving what I write on my phone; is only saving what gets typed in from my computer.

- Notes is sending 2 copies of some notes to my phone. If I delete the second copy, it comes right back when I refresh Notes.

- Anything that I open that has iCloud gives me a message saying whether I want to allow access to "imap.gmail.com." It gives me the options: always allow, allow and deny. No matter which I click this message continuously pops up on my screen, not accepting my entry. It won't go away.

- My email makes me retype my password when I open it, but only about 1/3 of the time. Sometimes it accepts my password and sometimes it does not. I am entering the same exact password...

- I set up my emails to appear in order by date. This does not save.

- My internet kept failing when I first installed ML. It hasn't failed recently but it is slow.

- Apps are loading very slow. The App Store will only load sometimes, and is very slow when it does decide to.

- My battery is draining much faster than it did with Snow Leopard (SL) and is also draining much faster than it says it will when I hover the icon. Right now it is at 29% and says 2 hours 5 minutes remaining. Eight minutes about it was at 36 percent and said over 3 hours remaining. Clearing not true.

Also, here is a list of things that are confusing and I have not been able to find an answer to on the forums:

- How do I view only one account on my email, so that I am able to see all of the folders under that account that I created?

- How can I organize my documents into folders?

- Why are the folders and documents I had in SL not appearing when I click on documents in finder?

- In finder, where it lists documents, applications, desktop, airdrop, ect. I used to have one called "katielubinski" (my name) on SL. That is where I stored all of my document folders and now on ML it is no longer there and I am unable to find my documents. What happened/what do I do instead?

Hence all of that, I want it uninstalled if you cannot fix ALL of these problems and I want my money back. I also want iPhoto11 uninstalled considering I only purchased it because it's the only version that works with iCloud... which has stopped working for my pictures and therefore makes iPhoto11 useless for me. I liked iPhoto09 better and didn't even want to "upgrade" from it. I don't like the new changes at all. Also, I expect that the correctional update you all are issuing is going to be free for those of us who have already purchases Mountain Lion? It better be.

I know it's not just me thanks to all the articles on the internet I have read. I also posted on facebook about this and had a non stop stream of messages and comments about issues my friends are facing... we all seem to have a unique variety. Hopefully that doesn't mean more problems are to come. I have talked to two people who said its working fine. Two out of eleven that I have spoke to... Good job, Apple.

Sincerely,

My Name"

So, yea... that's it. Haven't heard back from an actual human being, of course, so I plan on calling Apple Support today and also have an appointment at the Apple store about an hour away from me incase they can't help with everything over the phone. Wish me luck!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 3:58 AM

2 replies

Aug 11, 2012 4:21 AM in response to KL020890

Good luck!

While the majority of users are not seeing any major issues there are always a significant minority who run into problems.

Question is why? Is it something to do with software/system configuration prior to upgrading, the process going wrong or Mountain Lion bugs.

Now there are inevitably bugs in all software - the question is why are onlt some peopel affected.

Your real problem is that you can't simply downgrade to Lion or Snow Leopard without wiping your existing system.

Apple have refunded some users who have not been happy with certain aspects but I think they would be handling this on a case by case basis.

Personally, if in your situation I would ensure I had all my data backed up, reinstall the shipping OS, update it to current version and then try to install Mountain Lion again.

When computers play up sorting things like this out is a real chore.

AC

Is apple giving money back if you have Mountain Lion uninstalled?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.