Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture 3 Running Slow & Hanging All The Time

I have been running Aperture 3.3.2 for a few months now and every single time I open the application, it hangs for a little bit then runs fine.

The big problem is that when I quit Aperture, after updating the library, it starts to freeze up and then hang (beachball). It will then take forever to quit or sometimes not at all and thus I have to force quit it in order to shut down my MBP.

I am only running Mail, iTunes, Safari at the moment when I open Aperture.

Is this a problem with anyone else's? Also, if there is any solution, that would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion, 17" 2.3 GHz i7, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 4:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 4:34 AM

At the least, repair your Library, following the instructions on the Apple Aperture trouble-shooting page.

At the most, go through all of the steps.

Also confirm that your machine is healthy, your OS up-to-date, Aperture is up-to-date, that your system drive has at least 15% free space, and that you aren't running any odd system-level utilities.

You should (imho) repair your Library any time you have force-quit Aperture.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2012 4:34 AM in response to antontwang

At the least, repair your Library, following the instructions on the Apple Aperture trouble-shooting page.

At the most, go through all of the steps.

Also confirm that your machine is healthy, your OS up-to-date, Aperture is up-to-date, that your system drive has at least 15% free space, and that you aren't running any odd system-level utilities.

You should (imho) repair your Library any time you have force-quit Aperture.

Aperture 3 Running Slow & Hanging All The Time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.