Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

filter out the unwanted

is there anyway to filter the App Store so I don't have to scroll through screen after screen of useless games? i don't play games, neither on my computer nor my phone. And now, Software Update is alerting me to a new version of Angry Birds - despite the fact that I've never purchased, played or installed it on my MacBook Pro.

Apple App Store-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 5:50 AM

1 reply

Aug 11, 2012 6:21 AM in response to oliverlv

The Apple Support Communities are an international user to user technical support forum. As a man from Mexico, Spanish is my native tongue. I do not speak English very well, however, I do write in English with the aid of the Mac OS X spelling and grammar checks. I also live in a culture perhaps very very different from your own. When offering advice in the ASC, my comments are not meant to be anything more than helpful and certainly not to be taken as insults.

And now, Software Update is alerting me to a new version of Angry Birds - despite the fact that I've never purchased, played or installed it on my MacBook Pro.

Does the Apple ID of a stranger appear if you try to update the app? Then you have a pirated app on your Mac.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4149615?answerId=19068130022#19068130022

filter out the unwanted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.