Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error code "this code must be redeemed in the mac app store"?

I enter code for update in app store and get code "this code must be redeemed in the mac app store"?

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 4:38 AM

2 replies

Aug 11, 2012 11:02 AM in response to chasval

The Apple Support Communities are an international user to user technical support forum. As a man from Mexico, Spanish is my native tongue. I do not speak English very well, however, I do write in English with the aid of the Mac OS X spelling and grammar checks. I also live in a culture perhaps very very different from your own. When offering advice in the ASC, my comments are not meant to be anything more than helpful and certainly not to be taken as insults.

Are you using the correct app store? If you are using the iTunes App Store, apps for iOS devices, then you need to switch to the Mac App Store, apps for Macs. The Mac App Store is the App Store app in your Mac's Applications folder. It can also be opened from the App Store selection in the Apple Menu. It also comes by default in the Dock.

error code "this code must be redeemed in the mac app store"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.