Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Now that I've update to Mountain Lion the Epson Printer Utility does not show up.

I need the Epson Printer Utility to monitor ink levels on my two Epson printers (an R300 and an R1900), but now that I have MountainLIon installed on my iMac it doesn't show up for either printer. Clicking on the Dock icon opens a dialogue named PrinterProxy with no functionality whatsoever. What happened here? How can I maintain my printer's status without the Utility?

.............Mike

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 7:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 7:11 AM

Open System Preferences > Print and Fax > Options & Supplies > Supply Levels

9 replies

Feb 11, 2013 9:15 AM in response to Michael Stupinski

I have updated to Mountain Lion, 10.8.2. I have been able to find Epson Print Utiity and add 2 printers, Stylus 1290 and DX8400. For both of those I can access Ink Levels, Print Head alignment etc. I cannot add Stylus Photo R220 to the utility and have no way of checking ink levels etc.For the other 2 printers when I click Print & Scan - Options I get 4 tabs, including Utility. When I follow same route with R220 I get General & Supply Levels tabs, no Utility tab.

The printer is flashing ink replacement but short of replacing all cartridges I can't use it! I did Apple - Software Update but message said No updates available.

Where do I go from here?

Message was edited by: udrigle

Now that I've update to Mountain Lion the Epson Printer Utility does not show up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.