Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot get apple tv to work.

you need to set the date and time!!! It will say that I'm connected locally but won't let me connect to the internet. Can't connet to you tube, itunes, anything, always says try again later. Well 8 hours latter of still trying to figure this thing out I am totally discoraged. I have even connected directly to the modem box with ethernet cable and still all the same things happen. I can get on the internet from the modem with both my computors from ethernet cords with no problems. I have a Mac and Pc. I try to get in manually by typing in the IP adddress and that gets me nowhere also. I try to home share with my Mac to the Apple Tv and that gets me nowhere also. The only thing I have been able to do is use my IPAD as a remote to control my MAC desktop, big whoop! All this money and nothing works. My apple remote also messes up my Mac computor, don't know how to change that.

I have unplugged and reset many times. Not sure how I can restore the apple tv for it needs to be connected to the internet and it won't do that to begin with.

Really could use some straight forward help to figure this out. Do I need a special router to make the home sharing or Apple TV work?

It will say I'm am connected locally but not to the internet.

Any help passed my way would be muchly appreciated,

Elaine

AppleTV 2, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 9:56 AM

Most routers should work. This sounds very odd.

As for the remote controlling your Mac see:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4513

5 replies

Cannot get apple tv to work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.