Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Retina's "full stop"keypad loosen out if I press at the left corner.

Hi,

About a month or two ago, I bought the brand new Macbook Pro Retina from the Apple's Retailer in my University (Bangkok, Thailand). Everything about it was great until about a week later, when I was typing down my homework assignment, and the "full stop" keypad suddenly loosen out. At first, I pushed it down again and tried tapping around the key to see if that was just a fluke or if something was actually going on. It turned out if I press the key at the very bottom left hand corner, the key will bounce out everytime.

So the next day, I brought it to Smart Bar (that is what the retailer calls it) to let them check and see if they can fix the problem. After 5 minutes, the guy came out and tell me that the hinge (I am not really sure what the official name is supposed to be) on the right of the "fullstop" key is broken, hence the pad not locking to the main frame on the right. I was very surprised by that, because I had been extra protective of the macbook in the first week, never typing too hard, and cleaning the thing every time I'm using it. This mean that the source of the problem couldn't possibly be me, so it might have been because of the handling & shipping of the product or an infected key pad that creep onto the assembly line during the manufacturing of this macbook pro.
The guy then told me that this "issue" is not covered on the warranty, and that I have to pay extra amount of money to get this fixed. This made me really dissapointed in apple's service, one small keypad and you couldn't change it?
I've been really busy for the past month dealing with midterm exam, so I haven't had a chance to just sit down and post on the Apple Support Communities. Now that I can, I really want to ask anyone what I should do about this? and is the service in other countries like this?

Thank You.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 3:07 PM

Contact Apple Support Thailand.

Thailand(66) 02-642-0230

http://www.apple.com/support/contact/en/phone_contacts.html

Best.

1 reply

Macbook Pro Retina's "full stop"keypad loosen out if I press at the left corner.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.