Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to download a podcast, only works under iOS iTunes store.

Dear all,

I has been trying to figure out why a certain podcast channel doesn't download under Podcast.app.

The episodes does download under iOS iTunes Store, but Podcast.app will prompt unable to download and ask to retry...

The podcast channel is called talkonly, a news channel can be searched in "talkonly",

Also, it's strange that streaming does work on both Podcast App and iTunes Store .

I have tried with same results on the new iPad too.

Thank you.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1, the podcast "talkonly"

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 10:12 AM

4 replies

Jan 9, 2013 7:42 AM in response to Sydtsai

Look on your device and tap the right side of the podcast to see if you are subscribed. If you are, all the available episodes will be listed, but not yet downloaded. A little down arrow will indicate it still needs to be downloaded. In the settings you can set how many are downloaded and how many are kept.

Apple needs a good manual or video to cover this. I think they are playing catchup.

Jan 9, 2013 7:50 AM in response to david267

I am subscribed and it's set to download and keep all podcasts. When I hit the down arrow to manually download the episode nothing happens. It will not download any episode I try.

It has nothing to do with the instructions- some podcasts work as they are supposed to. The app needs to be fixed or scrapped. iTunes worked and still works just fine for all podcasts I've tried.

Unable to download a podcast, only works under iOS iTunes store.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.