Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes app "Titles" issue

This has only happened since upgrading to Mountain Lion and the new Notes app. In the Mac Notes app I'm having a frequent issue where I see two notes with the same title (like a note has been duplicated) and it appears that another note has disappeared. But when I click on the "duplicate", the note I thought was missing is displayed - it's just listed under the wrong title. If I Quit and relaunch Notes the problem goes away. Seems like it is related to iCloud syncing but I'm not sure. All of my Notes are in iCloud.

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 10:10 AM

3 replies

Apr 18, 2015 7:13 AM in response to Andy Abernathy

Well, now it's 2015 and the problem is still there. Previously generated notes' titles are often overwritten by a new note's title.

Example:

Note A

Note B

Note C

exists. Then I create Note D, which appears on top because it's newer. The title for, say, Note A (having recently been used) changes to "Note D" without editing the first line of that note, which still says "Note A".

Killing the app and restarting it makes the titles regenerate to the correct text.

Sep 16, 2015 7:48 PM in response to Ed10

Well, now it's 2015 and the problem is still there. Previously generated notes' titles are often overwritten by a new note's title.

Example:

Note A

Note B

Note C

exists. Then I create Note D, which appears on top because it's newer. The title for, say, Note A (having recently been used) changes to "Note D" without editing the first line of that note, which still says "Note A".

Killing the app and restarting it makes the titles regenerate to the correct one, BUT ONLY for a few seconds.

Hey APPLE! Send me the source code for this app, and I'll point out the bug in less than 20 minutes. How this can be a problem for years is simply amazing. Get a junior programmer on this and get it fixed. She can do it over one lunch hour.

To see it happen: Get a bunch of different notes in. Then edit the first line of the second note in the list and watch the first two titles change order (now the second becomes the most recent) and the titles are now messed up. Check them and see!

Sep 16, 2015 7:54 PM in response to Ed10

To see it happen: Get a bunch of different notes in. Then edit the first line of the second note in the list and watch the first two titles change order (now the second becomes the most recent) and the titles are now messed up. Check them (all) and see! And if you can't figure out how to fix it, all you have to do is see when an old note is becoming newer and, after sorting the notes to get the most recent on top, regenerate all the titles. THANKS!

Notes app "Titles" issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.