Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why when I publish iWeb to GoDaddy is the page is blank?

I originally had a Typepad page but have recreated my site on iWeb. I am trying to transfer it over now but cannot get the new iweb version to load. iweb says it has been published but when I go to www.halfpintinteriors.com it is blank and the typepad logo is still in the address bar. Am I doing something wrong in iweb, godaddy, or typepad? Thanks!

iWeb '08

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 10:52 AM

28 replies

Aug 11, 2012 11:43 AM in response to Jeff Nitschke

I did it through iWeb.

Published to: FTP Server

Site Name: Half Pint Interiors

Server Adress: IP

Username: godaddy domain username

Password: godaddy domain password

Directory/Path: blank

Protocol: FTP

Port: 21

When I publish iWeb says its published to www.halfpintinteriors.com/Half_Pint_Interiors but when I choose "visit page" it is blank.

Aug 11, 2012 11:49 AM in response to Half Pint Interiors

If you are using the iWeb FTP it uploads the whole folder and the external index.html file so that the URL to any page is...

www.halfpintinteriors.com/Half_Pint_Interiors/page-name.html

If you have the external index.html file uploaded, anybody entering- halfpintinteriors.com - will get to the home page.

You need to open your GoDaddy file manager to see where the files have actually been uploaded to since they are not in the correct place.

Why when I publish iWeb to GoDaddy is the page is blank?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.