Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does this websites not work on our Mac products?

http://www.gordonbennett2012.ch/

We are working on the above website: We cannot get it to work on the following Mac devises. Would you please advise the reason for this and how we can fix it?

Subject: Fwd: Website of Gordon Bennett 2012

Date: August 11, 2012 1:52:22 PM MDT

To: René Louis Cc: Mark Sullivan

Hello René, Thank you very much for your email. I am happy to work with you. I have been working on this all day. I still have not figured out why this is not working. I am Mark Sullivan and Cheri White's Crew Chief/Technical Support for the USA.

The following products are being used:

MacBook Pro,Mac OS X Version 10.7.4, Processor 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Mac iPad, Version 5.1.1 (9B206)

Non of these prodects will upload your site http://www.gordonbennett2012.ch/

I have tried the following browsers:

Opera: Could not connect to remote server,

Safari: no responce

Firefox: The connection has timed out The server at gordonbennett2012.ch is taking too long to respond.

Google Chrome: Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to www.gordonbennett2012.ch

I have had all our crew do the same. They are in different parts of the USA.

And the response has been the following:

North Carolina on PC and Android: Site uploaded

New Mexico on PC and iPhone: Site did not upload on either

New Mexico on PC and iPhone: Site did upload

I have also contacted Mac. Please let me know your thoughts so we can sort this out. In the past I have been able to get your site. Just in the past month I have not been able to. I am getting a timed out error from ALL the above browsers.

Kind regards, Letitia

Ms. Letitia Hill

TEAM USA/FLY GAS

PO Box 7186

Albuquerque, New Mexico 87194 USA

TEL: 505-270-6759

FAX: 505-503-8430

E-Mail: staff@flygas.net

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Website of Gordon Bennett 2012 Date: August 11, 2012 1:25:13 PM MDT

To: staff@flygas.net

Dear Letitia Thank you very much for your message about our website.

I am also working with a Mac and could not find any problems. I would be very interested to know which products you are using and what is not working so I could have a detailed look at it.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards

René

Gordon Bennett 2012 Secretariat / Postfach 280 / CH-9650 Nesslau / Switzerland www.gordonbennett2012.ch René Louis / Kirchweg 672 / CH-9650 Nesslau / Switzerland

iPhone 4, Mac OS X (10.7.4), iPad, iPhone

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 1:19 PM

6 replies

Mar 15, 2018 4:17 PM in response to twtwtw

Hi twtwtw

Thank you very much for your suggestions. We are working on it from both sides. It seems to work from this http://proxy2.unblockblog.info/. I have just done a traceroute test its on 64 ***. So there might be also a block with internet cable supplier? Because it never pings through to the www.gorndonbennett2012.ch site.

Any further thoughts?

Mar 15, 2018 4:17 PM in response to etresoft

Thank you for your reply.

My colleague in Swizterland will make the changes you both suggested. We will continue to work through the code.

There seems to be a block with the Internet server in the United States as other Internet and cell servers i.e. Verizon and Century-Link DSL work with Mac, Andriod and PC. It just seems to be Mac on Comcast that is not...

But please let me know if there is any further issues found. Thank you for your suggestions.

Mar 15, 2018 4:17 PM in response to Community User

twtwtw, etresoft, Camelot Thank you all for your replies. The issue was with Comcast. "Comcast has suggested connecting with their Customer Security Assurance Team directly for follow up on the black list removal. They can be reached at 1-856-324-2025." I had not realised Comcast had a "black list". The site was uploaded on a new server with a different IP address for the duration of the event which was very sucessful. Thank you once again for your advise. Kind regards, Lx

Aug 11, 2012 1:39 PM in response to Community User

I have no problem accessing that site from Safari or Firefox on my Macbook Pro (core 2 duo, 10.7.4). there are a few load errors that crop up:

1. The "fb-root" div has not been created, auto-creating
  2. www.gordonbennett2012.ch:491ReferenceError: Can't find variable: Request
  3. Unsafe JavaScript attempt to access frame with URL<long URL having to do with facebook>

but none of them look serious. There's a lot of code, and I don't really want to dig through that mess looking for bugs, but my guess would be that one of the several sites this page calls is inaccessible from some clients, due to site blocks, ad blocks, or some other server restriction. Best thing you can do is go to a computer that has the problem, enable the developer menu in Safari (Safari Advanced preferences), try to load the page, and then start digging through the Web Inspector and Error Console (both on the Developer menu) to see where it's getting stuck.

Aug 18, 2012 11:33 PM in response to Community User

There seems to be a block with the Internet server in the United States as other Internet and cell servers i.e. Verizon and Century-Link DSL work with Mac, Andriod and PC. It just seems to be Mac on Comcast that is not...

Without more data I'm inclined to say it's more likely to be Comcast itself, rather than 'Macs on Comcast'.

For example, do other devices (PCs, Android, iOS) on that Comcast network also have problems connecting? or do they connect fine?

I'd expect that any device at that network has a problem, which indicates a problem with Comcast. It might be their DNS not resolving properly, or them not routing data correctly, but that should be your focus.

Perform a DNS lookup on the www.gordonbennett2012.ch hostname. What result do you get? Is it the expected address?

If that returns the right address, what do you get with a traceroute?

That will test the routing befween your system and the server, and may indicate other problems on the network.

Why does this websites not work on our Mac products?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.