Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Everytime I open Safari or Mail, they crash at launch and return me to the Springboard. Anyone know how to help?

I uninstalled "Rocky Racoon" in Cydia so that I could unjailbreak my iPod Touch, since it was slow and kept freezing. It runs fine, since I deleted all of the packages I installed myself first (to make sure there was no permanent damage). The only problem is that now, everytime I open Safari or Mail, they immediately crash and send me back to the homescreen. I've downloaded the Google Chrome app as a replacement for now, but I find Safari much more convenient. Anyone know how to fix this?

iPod touch, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 2:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 2:51 PM

- Try a reset. Nothing is lost

Reset iPod touch: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Purchase/install any new app

- iTunes Store: Transferring purchases from your iOS device or iPod to a computer

- Restore from backup

- Restore to factory settings/new iPod

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2012 2:51 PM in response to itskristofferson

- Try a reset. Nothing is lost

Reset iPod touch: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Purchase/install any new app

- iTunes Store: Transferring purchases from your iOS device or iPod to a computer

- Restore from backup

- Restore to factory settings/new iPod

Everytime I open Safari or Mail, they crash at launch and return me to the Springboard. Anyone know how to help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.