Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mid 2012 13.3" macbook pro whats the max HZ(fps)

i play allot of games on my mid 2012 13.3" macbook pro i play them all a 60Hz(60 fps) what is the max i can set it too with out damaging the display my friend have some monitors that use 125Hz they say that would damahe my screen i what to know what is recommended

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion, mid 2012 13.3"

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 5:12 PM

5 replies

Aug 11, 2012 5:41 PM in response to stephenm105

Your Mac Pro knows how fast the internal screen can be refreshed without damaging it. Any resolution and refresh rate you can achive using System Preferences in Mac OS X is safe.

If using an external display, the Mac requires the display to provide its name and its parameters. The settings you can achieve in System Preferences will be within the display's capabilities.

Aug 11, 2012 5:42 PM in response to stephenm105

All 13" MBPs only have the built in Intel graphics so you are very limited as to what FPS you can run games at.

As far as the Hz screens run at that has no baring on game play. All flat screen monitors use the 60Hz setting but it really doesn't matter on LCD/LED screens. That is really a Refresh rate for CRT monitors that had to Redraw the screen from top to bottom, bottom to top but with LCD/LED the whole screen is refreshed at once, IE no scanning like on older TUBE CRT monitors.

mid 2012 13.3" macbook pro whats the max HZ(fps)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.