Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GREY SCREEN AFTER ML INSTALL, COMPATABILITY ISSUES WITH NEC 2690WUXI SCREEN, ANYONE ELSE HAVE THESE ISSUES

Installed M/Lion on my 2009 Pro Mac, now get Grey screen on boot up, appears ML is not compatible with my expensive NEC 2690WUXi screen, NEC say working with Apple and possible September fix.

Anyone else experiancing Grey Screen on boot up, is it another application that is causing this.

Hard Drive has been re imaged and everything replaced and still problem persists.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4), Nil

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 8:35 PM

5 replies

Aug 22, 2012 2:28 PM in response to Peter Kewley

Experiencing similar issues, NEC 2690 and Mac Pro 2009.

My workaround is to have 2 cables connecting the display to the Mac, a VGA and a digital one. Before I boot I switch the input to analog. After it sounds that the Mac has fully booted, I switch to digital and the screens shows up. It feels a little glitchy, but at least it works.

Try switching the monitor input to anything other than digital until the Mac boots. Then switch it back to digital.

There are more folks with this problem:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4216976?answerId=19334372022#19334372022&ac_cid=tw123456#19334372

Jan 28, 2013 2:19 PM in response to Peter Kewley

As of 10.8.2, none of ML updates helped. Lion 10.7.4 worked fine, but 10.7.5 update was a disaster. Now NEC warns you not to update...

We decided to give the Gefen DVI Detective a shot -- it didn't help.

Spent a few of hours on the phone with NEC support. Although they were very nice, they had no clue as to how to solve this problem -- their suggestions didn't help. And they couldn't guarantee that switching the graphics card would make it work either.

--> So we took another risk and bought a used Apple Radeon HD 5770 -- fortunately everything works now.

For such expensive pieces of equipment, I was shocked at the lack of effort on the part of both companies to address this issue.

And thank you to everyone here -- all these posts helped us a lot along this process.

GREY SCREEN AFTER ML INSTALL, COMPATABILITY ISSUES WITH NEC 2690WUXI SCREEN, ANYONE ELSE HAVE THESE ISSUES

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.