0 Replies Latest reply: Aug 11, 2012 9:36 PM by kae
kae Level 1 Level 1 (105 points)

I have a 10.6.8 Server that was configured as an Open Directory Server and while turning my kids' account permissions back on, I ended up getting some errors.  After I got the errors, I could no longer connect to the workgroup manager using the diradmin login.  I kept getting the error that the login was incorrect.

I was trying to figure out how to recover the Open Directory and I ended up converting the server to a standalone server (no open directory).

Things were going okay. I had the server back, but I didn't have my network users.  So, I tried to re-create the open directory, which of course failed.

After that failed, I was no longer able to connect to the server using the Server Admin app.

I guess my question is this:  Is there a way to reconfigure the server without having to entirely reload the server?

When I was working on Sun Machines, they used to have a "system unconfigure", which would basically reset the server infomation and then the server could be setup again after a reboot.

Is there anything like that on Mac OS Server 10.6.8?

Thanks for any pointers.