Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.6 Server Open Directory corrupted now Server Admin cannot connect

I have a 10.6.8 Server that was configured as an Open Directory Server and while turning my kids' account permissions back on, I ended up getting some errors. After I got the errors, I could no longer connect to the workgroup manager using the diradmin login. I kept getting the error that the login was incorrect.

I was trying to figure out how to recover the Open Directory and I ended up converting the server to a standalone server (no open directory).

Things were going okay. I had the server back, but I didn't have my network users. So, I tried to re-create the open directory, which of course failed.

After that failed, I was no longer able to connect to the server using the Server Admin app.

I guess my question is this: Is there a way to reconfigure the server without having to entirely reload the server?

When I was working on Sun Machines, they used to have a "system unconfigure", which would basically reset the server infomation and then the server could be setup again after a reboot.

Is there anything like that on Mac OS Server 10.6.8?

Thanks for any pointers.

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 9:36 PM

There are no replies.

10.6 Server Open Directory corrupted now Server Admin cannot connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.