Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppStore Doesn't Recognize My ID

Well a few weeks ago, I wanted to update my apps, such as iPhoto and iMovie but suddenly I figured it out it was not possible due to a server error probably. When I entered my ID ******@me.com the store give me an error message that says... "An error has ocurred" and som other times it gives me an error that says "Your device could not be identify or your password is incorrect" which seem very weird to me due I tried everything, authorize, and unathorized my MacBook but yet it won't go. If anybody can help me with this little problem, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 10:31 PM

3 replies

Oct 13, 2012 11:34 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

I've had the same problem as CharlieRJ. iMac running 10.6.8 - since a week ago, Mac app store doesn't recognize my p/w. says 'an unknown error occured.' My p/w works on my iphone and my friend's macbook, but not on my computer. internet works. the p/w was recognized before. 😟

what do i do?

thanks in advance.

fyi i've reset my p/w so many times, still no change on imac, yet it works on other apple devices.

AppStore Doesn't Recognize My ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.