Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad volume down button not working!

Today my iPad 2 volume down button has stopped working! I see that some other people have had the same issue online, but have no solutions for resolving it.

I've tried turning it off and on again, but that didn't solve it. Volume up works find.

It's over a year old and I dont have extended applecare. What should I do?

Cheers.

iPad 2, iOS 5.1

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 11:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2012 1:41 AM

1) The obvious thing to do is to get it repaired. Check the feasibility of this with your Apple store.

2) Using four fingers, move the Home screen up to reveal the task bar. In the left section of the task bar you'll find a volume control.

3) Set in the Settings: General > Accessibility > AssistiveTouch = ON. This will place a button on the screen, which you can tap to get access to the Device and will consequently show the Volume Up and Volume Down controls on the screen.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2012 1:41 AM in response to oilmeuprobot

1) The obvious thing to do is to get it repaired. Check the feasibility of this with your Apple store.

2) Using four fingers, move the Home screen up to reveal the task bar. In the left section of the task bar you'll find a volume control.

3) Set in the Settings: General > Accessibility > AssistiveTouch = ON. This will place a button on the screen, which you can tap to get access to the Device and will consequently show the Volume Up and Volume Down controls on the screen.

iPad volume down button not working!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.