Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i uncompress photos they are .jpg

I have an IMAC intel based. The photos were downloaded from photo bucket and came compressed. In iphoto they appear actual size however when I exported them to a burn file on my desk top they burned compressed. So when you want to view the photo you have to open and then enlarge each one, I would like to have them appear as an actual size on a dvd to send

Thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Aug 12, 2012 8:39 AM

1 reply

Aug 12, 2012 8:57 AM in response to nicholasfromflorida

it's unclear what you understand as compressed photos

jpg is a image format which are compressed compared to tiff or the likes

a compression make some details dissappar vs. an uncompressed format if you zoom a lot

the details lost in jpg files can never ever ever be brought back

nothing needs to be don with jpg files in order for them to be shown on a computer or the likes

if by freak chance you need to burn them in some other format then jpg to an optical media to be played in a device which does not support jpg (highly unlikely) then you need to convert each image to whatever format that device does support

how do i uncompress photos they are .jpg

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.