Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

qhy won't new mac book startup with externaldrive snow leopard

I have been working on Macs and Pc's for 17 years

The new macbook pro is the only computer that will not recognize an exteral "valid" snow leopard 10.6.8 Os as a valid stratup drive.

What gives Apple or is it Mac

Now that Steven Jobs has died has the devil taken over?

Disk Utility Drive Restore no longer allows me to use the previous softwae to startup a macbook Pro purchased in June 2012

I new you were going to do it.

I think it is a stupid move.

Posted on Aug 12, 2012 9:30 AM

7 replies

Aug 12, 2012 10:48 AM in response to lanemedia

The Apple Support Communities are an international user to user technical support forum. As a man from Mexico, Spanish is my native tongue. I do not speak English very well, however, I do write in English with the aid of the Mac OS X spelling and grammar checks. I also live in a culture perhaps very very different from your own. When offering advice in the ASC, my comments are not meant to be anything more than helpful and certainly not to be taken as insults.

Many years before Steve Jobs died, Apple has long stated that you should not install a version of OS X that predates the version that shipped on a new Mac. It has nothig todo do with the devil, it is because an older version of OS X does not have the hardware specific software to run the newer Mac properly or in your situation, at all.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2186

Aug 12, 2012 11:11 AM in response to Dah•veed

I understand all of this

I was probable fixing compters before you werre born

My onlly complaint

No matter which machine you owned previously

Power Pc

Os 7 8 9 or 10X

Intel version of whatever OSX

Similar computers always let you start up the, or a machine with software on an exterrnal disk.

You could take a xdrive to someone elses house and startup there machine with your xdrive.

This enable you to use older software such as which would only run on Clasic or with Rosetta.

They have since diabled roseeta, but it never dtopped me from accesing files with older software before.

Thus comes in the term the Devil He only wants you money.

Once he has stolen your soul, he has no need for it or you anymore.

He (whomever the devil is) cares nothing about older people ( 60-70 -80-90 years olds who have produced wonderful things and documents on their computers only to not be able to use or acces them any more )

Yes they can purchase new softwansd then try to learn how to usee it, or new computers which is just as challenging.

Go ahead ask your grandparents what they think. Just remember without them you would not be here.

They own older computers that still work but do not have the money nor the ability to always go fast forward.

In todays economy, Apple is even more digressing than ever before.

This is sad

Let's have someone invent a machine, OS or thought process that will maintain it's integrity throughtout the life of the machine, and when it dies probably before the owner dies let them access their files with a newer machine simlar to the one that they just lost.

Apple did this for years,

I can still use my Powerpcs or previous Intel machines with exterrnal drives, and access the info from a machine that should be in the so called dump or recycle store.

They always said "To see is to believe"

Now it is more like "to believe is what you SEE, is probably stupid"

I think it has something to do with the Fluoride in the water.

It makes us dumber overall.

Aug 12, 2012 11:19 AM in response to lanemedia

Sir, you may rant and posture all you like, I have used Macs since the very first one. You cannot boot a Mac from a version of Mac OS X that does not have the hardware specific software to allow the OS to interface with the Mac. Period. Never have been able to do so and likely never will be able to do so.

Ciao. Enjoy your the remainder of your day! 🙂

Nov 25, 2012 1:11 PM in response to Dah•veed

I do not go here very often

But this was in my original rant

The term simliar computers, is what I said.

Are you referring to disinlar machines or what.

"Similar computers always let you start up the, or a machine with software on an exterrnal disk."

ie Power Pc can start up a power pc, not an intel machine

Nor can an intel machine start up a powerpc machine.

qhy won't new mac book startup with externaldrive snow leopard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.